Thursday, July 27, 2006

Currently Reading



I am delighted to be making my way through the pile of books I received for my birthday (eight more added to what was a pile of five unread, now down to nine, this system only works until I get in the mood to re-read something I already have, which happens often, therefore, the pile stays constant. As it should.


I am halfway through IRELAND, by Frank Delaney, and I want to find the author and make him a cake.

For bedside nonfiction reading I am still finishing VIVIEN by Alexander Walker, one of those table-browsing books that get me into trouble on payday. Vivien Leigh is someone I have found myself defending throughout my life, though I am not quite sure why.

Next on the pedestal will be either THE STOLEN CHILD by Keith Donohue or I, ELIZABETH by Rosalind Miles (a favorite author and subject!) and then maybe THE WICKED PAVILLION by Dawn Powell or KNIGHT LIFE by Peter David... but then there is that new copy of THE AGE OF INNOCENCE too... this birthday keeps on giving. So happy I was asked for that wish list.

No comments: