Monday, July 10, 2006

Another Movie Surprise

I just accidentally discovered that there is a new movie version of THE MAGIC FLUTE, one of the most magical operas you'll ever see. Now, I do think everyone should see opera live, but this story is so compelling I would watch it without songs. There is a wonderful retelling in a book called Sunlight and Shadow by Cameron Dokey (the females have more character and power.)

There is no information here other than the director (Kenneth Branagh - he always makes things he truly loves so that is a good sign) and the cast list (happy to say no movie star names I recognize - no distractions from the story - good.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475331/

Well ~ after a brief search I have learned that the story is being updated to World War I for this, but it will have the songs. Hmmmmmm... I hope they keep the magic intact. I am still adding it to my list of 2007 movies about which I am giddy.

No comments: